1. Can I place an order over the phone?
Answer: Yes. Please call our sales office at (952) 928-7722. We will be happy to assist you. Our regular business hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Central Time), Monday through Friday.
2. Can I pay by check?
Answer: Yes. Simply select “Pay by Check” when placing your order, print a copy of your invoice, and mail it in with your check. Access to your training program will become available when the check is received and processed in our offices, at which time you will be sent an e-mail message. For immediate access to a training program, you will need to pay by credit card.
3. What is your refund policy?
Answer: We offer refunds within 30 days of purchase as long as the product has not been “activated” and you have not logged any time with the online training.
4. My facility requires vendor set-up before purchasing a program. How do I get information for that?
Answer: Please contact us, and a sales representative will contact you shortly.
5. How do I get a Form W9 or DUNS Number for HealthCare Interactive?
Answer: You may download Form W9 at www.hcinteractive.com/W9. Our Dunn & Bradstreet D-U-N-S® Number is 0902028750000. Our NAICS industry codes are 334611, 541511, 611420. Our SIC industry codes are 7371 and 7372.
1. How do I log in and use one of the HealthCare Interactive (CARES®) training programs?
Answer: Go to www.hcinteractive.com/login, and enter your “Product Key.” Instructions on how to activate your Product Key are located on the receipt that was e-mailed to you when you purchased your training program.
Watch this short video to see how to log in and get trained:
3. What do I do if I enter a “continuous loop” during the log-in process?
Answer: Some customers report issues with Internet Explorer causing a continuous loop during the log-in process. Microsoft stopped supporting Internet Explorer in 2016, so we recommend using Google Chrome while completing one of our training programs. You can download Google Chrome for free at google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/.
If you are still experiencing issues after trying these suggestions, please contact us.
1. Why won’t my audio play?
Answer: Most of the time, this is a simple fix:
2. How do I turn off the narrator within a CARES® training program?
Answer: If you prefer not to hear the narrator within one of our training programs, you can do one of the following:
3. Why won’t my video clips play?
Answer: Video issues usually happen for one of the following reasons.
4. Why does my video stop and start…or play in a “choppy” way?
Answer: Some of our customers experience “choppy” videos. This usually happens for one of only a few reasons.
Remember: You can always access our training programs from any computer with a high-speed Internet connection. So, if you are having trouble accessing the video clips within our program, try a different computer—at the library, a friend or relative’s house, at work, or at school.
1. Why can’t I print my CARES training completion certificate?
Answer: To print your certificate of completion, you must view every screen in every module of the program. You must also spend a minimum amount of time in each module reading or listening to the text, viewing all videos, and completing all activities.
To see your progress, simply click the “View Course Progress” button on the Main Menu of the online training program you are completing.
2. My computer is not hooked up to a printer, but I completed all of the modules. How do I print my training completion certificate?
Answer: Don’t worry. Your course progress has been saved and won’t be lost by changing computers. Simply log in to the CARES program again on a computer that has Internet access and is connected to a printer. (Use the same Product Key you used to access the program on the first computer.) When you get to the Main Menu of the training program, click the Print Completion Certificate button.
3. My CARES subscription has expired, so how can I print or reprint my CARES completion certificate?
Answer: You can still print certificates. Simply log in to your “My Account” page by going to www.hcinteractive.com/MyAccount and entering the user name and password you used to set up your account and make your CARES purchase. When you get to your “My Account” page, scroll down to the desired program’s purchase bar and click on the “View Report” link to pull up your name (or the list of staff who have logged in to CARES, which you can sort to show only those who have completed the program if your purpose is to print or reprint a certificate). At the bottom of your—or each person’s—listing is a “Print Certificate” button. This will allow you to print or reprint the training completion certificate for that CARES® program.
I am an administrator. Can I use a CARES® training program in a group session and keep accurate records of group sessions?
Answer: Yes, our group training feature is now available. You can now conduct group training sessions for individual modules or for the entire course. Use this feature to have staff members complete some modules individually and other modules in a group session. Follow the steps below in order to have a successful group training session.
1. Print our helpful group training sign-in form here. Have each employee fill out each field in its entirety. Once the group training session has been completed, you will need this information to enter your employees into the system, and to print individual completion certificates.
2. Follow these step-by-step instructions for group training to learn how to use CARES in a group session. Use the sign-in form from step 1 to track your employees who participated in the group training session.
4. Have staff members take the CARES Dementia Certification exam. If your organization has CARES Dementia Certification enabled, staff will need to log in to the program Main Menu to take their exam after you have entered them into the system. Have staff log in to the program with your product key, log in as an “existing user,” and then click on the Take Certification Exam button on the Main Menu. Print our staff instructions here.
Important: You must enter staff into the system (step 3 above) before they can take their exams.
Can I get continuing education (CE) credit for any of your CARES® training programs?
Many professional caregivers have received CE credit for completing CARES training. Download our free CE self-submission packets to request credit toward meeting your state licensure requirements. Each set of materials comes with an instruction sheet and the standard documentation most state boards and agencies require to fulfill typical continuing education requirements for:
Continuing education credit is not guaranteed, even when pre-approved by a national organization. It is the individual’s responsibility to provide the documentation and seek approval from their state board in order to maintain licensure. Social worker’s whose state boards accept ASWB ACE approved provider courses for CE credit do not need to submit an application to their individual board for course approval. See https://www.aswb.org/ace/ace-jurisdiction-map/ for more information on whether your state accepts ACE.
For more information about the free CE self-submission packets, go to www.hcinteractive.com/caresce.